SiteApps

Friday, March 25, 2011

Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)

So...oh my God.  Mon friggin' Dieu. 

My friend Steph signed me up for the X Factor auditions in Chicago at the end of April.  I'm excited.  And nervous.  And excited.  But mostly nervous.  I get stage fright, and I haven't really sang in front of a large group since high school, which was seven years ago (...fuck!  Hahaha.).  I do, however, don't feel too bad about the stage fright thing, because I once read that Sheryl Crow gets stage fright, and I love Sheryl Crow.  It's good to know that huge superstars get nervous too.

I think I'm going to go with "Low Road" by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals as my initial audition song.  I love it, and it shows off my voice very well.  I'm gonna have to play around with it in the upcoming weeks to make it my own and to really make the judges (especially if I make it to Simon...eeeee!!!) be like "Who is this girl and why isn't she a star?"  I'm not gonna lie, this has been a lifelong dream of mine, and life always gets in the way.  I'm putting my foot down this time and I'm going to make this dream a reality. 

Wish me luck, and I'll keep you all posted!








1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting! Wishing you all the luck in the world ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'm a shallow person, so I love to hear what you have to say about me...Lavish me with praise, or rip me up and make me want to cry.