SiteApps

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Short Skirt/Long Jacket

Awesome Real Life Moment #1546512:

"And btw I am currently sitting across from a crazy drunk guy on the bus, lol.  He's wearing badass old aviators and he's got crazy hair combed back greaser style and he's lounging in his seat with an Elvis kind of smirk on his drunk face.  Classic."
(Taken from a text I sent Sunday, March 13, 2011 @ 6:00 pm)


It's 2:22 am, and I should be in bed, but let's be honest.  I'm never in bed at 2:22 am unless I have to get up at the asscrack of dawn.  Mornings are like breakup sex--they should be avoided at all costs.  I loathe and detest mornings.  Sure, they're great in theory, I'll admit that, but in practice?  No.  I can live with waking up around noon.

But I digress.  I'm not really in a funny blogging mood this week.  To be honest, Japan and work has got me down.  I can't really blog about work because you never know who might be reading my blog, but I will say that this daily tension-headache-that-morphs-into-a-terrible-migraine shit needs to stop.  One can only pop so many Excedrin in a day without overdosing and foaming at the mouth at her desk.  I'm not a rockstar yet.  I think I might try yoga or something to relax.  I also need to make time for Bessie Washington.  I'm up all damn night but I can't exactly practice Bessie at 2:22 am or my mom and dad would kill me.

And Japan?  God, everything about this past week in Japan is depressing.  Makes me want to cry.  Seriously.  I hope that we have learned that when it comes to us versus nature, nature always inevitably wins.  Technology is a moot point when it comes to the raw strength of natural disaster.  I admire the people of Japan and their ability to mainain a quiet dignity in the face of this ever-growing chaos.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire nation and the families affected by this tragedy.

In other news, Nicky lost one of his front teeth yesterday.  I will share a picture:



He got one dollar from the Tooth Fairy for that.  I'm at work today and my mom calls me.  Nicky lost his other front tooth today when he got home from school.  I'll post a picture of that later on.  He looks adorable.  Score one more dollar for the Nickster from the Tooth Fairy.  If he keeps this tooth losing business up, he's going to bankrupt Mom...I mean, the Tooth Fairy.  Hahaha.


2 comments:

  1. awww, losing both front teeth. isn't it funny how cute it is when they're kids (but not so cute when you become old?). goodness, the tooth fairy. i still have a few years til my girls loose their teeth (i hope).

    htp://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm a shallow person, so I love to hear what you have to say about me...Lavish me with praise, or rip me up and make me want to cry.